Sunday, November 17, 2013

Favorite Writing Tips

Nathan Bransford's contest to win a Kindle in honor of his new book How to Write a Novel is over, but he's published many of the "Favorite Writing Tips" he received as contest entries.

I quoted Lela, the winner, in my comment to J.A's post last Wednesday: "Write. Write poorly, but WRITE."

But there are other gems . . .

Take a look at this list of  "Favorite Writing Tips."

I love the one from Ashley: "If you don't love what you wrote, why should anyone else?"

Which one is your favorite?



3 comments:

  1. Both of those are great, and Ashley's really resonates w/me. I'll be popping that one up on the ol' corkboard as a reminder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another favorite from Vicki: "Find your crutch words and nuke them all."

      Delete
  2. I love many of them -- but I'm going to give you one of mine. Something I discovered as a panster doing nanowrimo.

    Have an idea where you want to go, but don't worry if you don't get there on the first try.

    ReplyDelete